Monday 15 September 2008

Week Commencing 6th September

Diary week commencing 6th September

Saturday 6th
Didn’t feel too well but needed to get out and went to meadowhell. I’ve had my hair in a pony tail for 4 days now as I haven’t got the energy to wash it. I bought a few bits from the pound shop (great shampoo for red heads). Mum and I met Sue my friend who helped carry the bags and had a bit of lunch and then went home. It was my Niece Jade 21st birthday party and I agreed they could all come to my house. It’s nothing for me to do the family organise everything (johns side) but its tiring for me. They all had a good time and I was good to see everyone. They all keep up to date on the Star blog site as they live all over.

Sunday 7th
I opened my eyes at 8.00 and thought oh my god whats wrong with me. I tossed and turned and took pain killers and diazepam which made me doze until 10.00 then Janet came in with h a cup of tea which I said ill drink in the room as I needed all my medication. I managed it do a degree and then went straight back o bed. I wretched all day ( not sick ) I had a migraine, I couldn’t breathe properly ( for me ) I was ho then cold. I sipped water. I didn’t know what o do. I didn’t want to exist at this moment in time. This carried on till 6.am the next morning. I couldn’t lie down I was jus retching. I didn’t have an upset stomach. But I did find out that the oxygen machine was playing up so they can out to fix it after mum came at 9.00 on the morning.

Monday 8th
Mum came at 9.00 and started to sort me out after I had a good cry. She made me a cup of tea, I had a bit of breakfast took all my tablets and then sat on the settee and cuddled mum.
I felt 80% better then the day before and with mums help by the end of the day I felt more or less back to my ‘normal’ self. I ate lunch and dinner and fell to sleep or an hour at 6.00. I have decided I am going to sleep when my body tells me o and stop up when I can. I don’t care anymore if it’s the wrong way around. John has started writing a bit on my web site. Well he did it twice and didn’t do it again!!!!.
Tuesday 9th

I tried a new headache remedy for me it the one that you rub on your forehead and it worked! I was scared I have been taking too many tablets so I tried it and it worked. Let’s see what happens next time.
Feel much better today had my hair dyed (yes you guessed it Bright Red). The brighter the better. You can always recognise me wheelchair, oxygen and red hair! Hello to the people who asked if I was Helen in the paper on Saturday and today. Sorry I couldn’t stop and speak but thank you for all you kind support.
Its 8.00pm and I’m still ok I’m just going to get into bed and read for a while and read the last chapter of the woman who had a heart and lung transplant. Its been very insightful , maybe too insightful.


Wednesday 10th
Woke a few times in the night and used the rub on headache stuff. I worked ok. I still took though some pain killers and hour later for the pain in all my joints . I got up at 8.30 to a cup of tea from john and my usual piles of tablets. I am getting a bit forgetful now so I am going to make a list of all the tablets I take so I can remember them.
Mum and Dad came round Dad fixed the light bulbs in Abby’s room as we are always forgetting and mum took me shopping for a few bits.
Thursday 11th
Slept a little better last night ,however I am sleeping more now and I think his will only just get worse and worse. Mum came early and helped hoover and clean then took me to the shops to get a few bits . By this time it was 3.00 and I was just so tired I had to go back to sleep. I woke again at 7.00 just in time for Emmerdale. Still tired but I thought if I slept anymore I probably wouldn’t sleep tonight. I finished the about the transplant and I am glad I read I but then again scared at the prospect of having problems for the rest of my life ( as I will )

1 comment:

Tinypoppet said...

hi Helen,

Thinking of you....I wanted to let you know that although reading those post transplant bits are very scary, the reality is just 1000 better than you can ever imagine. Once you get there, the smaller problems won't seem bad because you can breathe.

Keep on being strong, accept all the help and support you can and take it easy.

Em xxxx