Saturday 6 December 2008

6th December


Daniel

Hello to you all
It’s been a long time since I have updated this blog. I don’t know what as I have had the time but my mind has been in such a muddle and I have been concentrating on my ou assignments but that is really no excuse.
Well Christmas is nearly here and I have all presents wrapped and most of my cards written. This year feels quite strange, I think it is because it’s the third Christmas on the list and we have all had enough of the waiting but then I’m dreading the transplant and what life brings me afterwards. It’s very scary and I can’t imagine what I will feel or how my life will change. They say that having a transplant has a prolific change to your life and that’s scary.
Let’s get away from the negative and think about the positive this year.
John’s business has really picked up and has had new clients that hopefully are long term. I’m sure now his business with just grow from strength to strength and that is a big weight off my mind as I know he will be ok if anything happens (It wont! but I have to think like that)
Abi goes to University in January and has just had her 19th Birthday. In one way she’s ready to leave home and grow into becoming an adult and in another I feel she still has so much to learn and she isn’t ready yet. Financially I know she’s going to get into a pickle but I suppose that’s part of growing up. She can’t cook and thinks going out drinking is a must at Uni. I hope she realises pretty quickly that this isn’t the case and working hard is her main priority. She is studying a DIPHE (mental health nursing) for 4 years. I hope she enjoys herself and gets what she wants out of life by starting this venture. I’ll miss her terribly but I’m making sure that she will have Skype and I can see her weekly just to make sure she is ok.
Dan is the one who has surprised us all this year. Due to everything that has happened to this family over the past few years Daniel has been fantastic. Yes on occasions he becomes a ‘Kevin’ but this isn’t his usual personality. We have received numerous letters from his teachers, governors saying how well he is doing and won many awards such as student of the week, student of the term. As you may or may not know through Dan’s life at Primary school they practically wrote him off and said he wouldn’t amount to much. They didn’t even put him in for his SAT’s become going to the comprehensive (this disgusted me). They just couldn’t be bothered spending a little more time with him and understanding his needs. He became the quite boy who was never any bother and understood nothing. It wasn’t until leaving there and getting involved heavily in sports and being tutored by us all on various occasions that he blossomed. He is now predicted to get his GCSE’s (5 c’s in sports and public service) to name a few. I am so proud of him. He doesn’t know what he wants to do yet after leaving school but I am sure he will choose the right path to take.
I want to be there for him over the next few years and help and guide him through his first job and first girlfriend etc…. Though I don’t really need to worry as John is his best friend and they are inseparable which sometimes I do envy but are so glad about. They both need each other. It’s me sometimes that feels I’ve got no one but that’s me just being silly.
Today is the 6th December and I’ve spent the day alone. It’s been quite nice; I’ve watched films all day with no one saying it’s boring and want football on. I made sure I had lots of drinks and food at the side of me and the phones at the side of me just in case anything happens.
Well ill tune out for now
Love Helen
xxxxx

No comments: