Thursday 18 December 2008

Diary week commencing 13th December

Diary week commencing 13th December by Helen Miller.
13th December Saturday
Stopped in today watching Christmas films in my bedroom as John Hates them. They are all children’s films I love them, it’s not Christmas if I don’t watch The Wizard of Oz. Abi and I then settled down to watch Strictly and the X factor. Abi wanted JLS and I wanted Alex. It was nice spending time together. Daniel has been ill all day and stopped in bed being sick. I can’t be a mum to him and look after him as I can’t get upstairs and also can’t risk getting any virus. That upsets me more than anything.
I went to sleep happy. AT 2.00 am. I woke to the sound of my Oxygen machines alarm going off which means no oxygen coming through. Abi ran down stairs and started to panic which made me panic and one thing led to another and I had a panic attack and I had an accident. The feeling of not being able to breathe is the worst feeling anyone could experience. We woke Dan to fill my liquid oxygen but he was really ill but bless him he managed. After I composed myself after 30 minutes I phoned dad to come and pick me up as I have another oxygen concentrator at theirs. So at 2.45am I was sat in dads car and going back to theirs. I calmed down and went to sleep.

14th December Sunday
After tossing and turning I eventually woke at 11.30 to 3 messages from John. One saying where am I, The next one asking if I was ok and then the last one saying stop at mums until the oxygen machine mended. He’d obviously woken the kids and asked what had happened as he hadn’t heard a thing.
He phoned back and said the machine was now working after he’d cleaned it and was going to leave it running a bit to make sure it was ok. I decided to stop at mums for the night.
15th December Monday
Dan was off to London today at 5 so I heard him getting ready I couldn’t get back to sleep after that. Early start for me today as I had an appointment at Breath Easy at 11.45 for an assessment for rehabilitation. I was left waiting 45 minutes with o explanation as to why but soon discussed my requirements with the team and have discussed what I am able to do and what I’d like to do. I am going to join the gym and go on the exercise bike. I might be able to do a minute but all these minutes will add up.
Mum and I then went to Meadowhall which was nice. We stopped a few hours and did a little last minute shopping but then went home. I started feeling a little unwell and extremely hot at night but put it down to 2 very disturbed night’s sleep.
16th December Tuesday
I’ve been up all night; I’ve got a chest infection. I can’t breathe in or out properly my chest feels like someone is squeezing me so tight that my eyes are popping out. The only way I can relax is if I sit forward. Even if I sit upright it hurts. I asked Dad to call the Doctor and he came and confirmed my infection. A week before Christmas and I feel so poorly. Dan is still poorly at home in bed and I can’t be there for him.
Daniels teacher came out to see me and told me his attitude and behaviour was excellent He has achieved student of the Term, Governors praise and student of the week. She also brought me notes written by other teachers saying how well he was doing. We are very proud of him.

17th December Wednesday
Another awful night’s sleep coughing all night; nothing helped and sat up most of the night waiting for daylight.
A beauty therapist came to do some reflexology to see if that helped to relax me it did but the cost of this is really only for special occasions so I’m afraid that was a one off.
Mum and I watched 2 Christmas films whilst I coughed all the way through and my friend sue came to visit which was lovely.
18th December Thursday
Worst night yet for coughing ,it may be that the anti biotics are working and trying to bring the gunk up but it just won’t come up yet. I just feel terrible.
19th December Friday
My last Diary of the year and I want to ask you one thing to do for me for Christmas. Please discuss organ donation whilst you are all together over this festive time. It doesn’t need to be depressive and to make to sad. Have a laugh, have a drink and just state your wishes that’s all I ask.
Thank you for reading my diary all year and I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year. I hope and pray that I Santa grants my wish let’s wait and see.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Chest infection?? I've probably been through the same... a living hell!!
It's taken me 10 days just to get rid of the headaches but I'm still coughing. Mornings are the worst - I can't breathe at all. After doing a lot of medical stuff I'm able to cough up a LOT of shitty stuff, yuck!!
I sure hope we can still be able to enjoy some part of the holiday coming up...
Love
Anne in Sweden

Rachy said...

Got everything crossed for you over the festive period xxx